Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life update for 02/12/09

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted here. So many things have happened, so many things have changed but yet many things are the same. I'm still in Savannah Georgia. Although back in Sept I did make an attempt to find a job in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since I'm in the IT field Salt Lake is one of the hot spots for the IT industry. In life timing is everything, and unfortunately my timing to go out there and look for a job was off. 3 days after arriving in Salt Lake the stock market started it's downward spiral and the job market doors shut. I was staying with family there, but with the doors closing I figured I better get back home to take care of my family there. Since then I have been doing odd contract jobs with different companies. Mainly IT consulting stuff. I have also been working part time for a local computer repair shop here in Savannah. Even though it's part time the money really helps. Still behind a couple of months on rent. But we have a wonderful landlord who is so understanding (God bless him).

Things are looking up though. Around the first of January I was contacted by this head hunter company about a local job here in Savannah servicing Dell computers. At first I was told I was perfect for the job. Then they said sorry but they needed someone with A+ certification (which I never got). I've always found the certification stuff kinda silly. I have over 10 years of experience in this field but because I don't have a piece of paper I'm not qualified. Anyway, about 3 weeks go by and I get an email from this same company for the same position. Seems now the company is willing to count the experience as good as having the cert. After a couple of more weeks of back n forth emails I was accepted for the position. Last Friday I took the drug test which they should have gotten the results back from like the next day. Due to some kind of mix up I won't find out till today. I already passed all the Dell tests, so soon as they get the results back I can start working (Thank you Lord)

To be honest my spiritual side of life has been as dry as my job search. I know God is there and is very concerned with every aspect of my life. But I've just been dry in that area. It's not HIM, it's me. I've just been so focused with finding work, trying to take care of the bills that I've put HIM on the back burner. As we all know, that is the opposite of the way it should be. This last week it's been hitting me hard how backwards I have it. So every day I've been starting in prayer time with HIM. I can feel the difference already. I don't know why we as humans tend to rely on our on so much. It never works out and in our heart of hearts we know better.

Better stop for now. I'll post here how the job thing along with my walk with the LORD.

May God bless you and keep you always..
Love,
Tim

No comments: