Friday, January 08, 2010

Jan 09 2009

We have been in Salt Lake now since Monday. I went to work in Ogden on Tuesday. We are staying at my brother in laws house while we find something and save up the money for a house. I can't say enough about the kindness that my brother in law and his wife have shown. Opening up their home to us even though we have four dogs. We will forever be grateful for what they have done. If it wasn't for them we'd be living in the car probably. Their house is on the south side of Salt lake City so my drive to work is over 60 miles each way. It's not that bad really, just dealing with all the traffic makes it take longer than normal.

Our car broke down yesterday (Thursday). I was just getting on the freeway when the engine light came on and the motor just died. I pulled off to the shoulder of the freeway with my flashers going. Called my brother in law and also called a tow truck. While I was waiting I had two Utah Highway Patrol stop and see if I was ok. They were both very kind and professional. My brother in law ended up taking me to the train so I could go onto work. It's now Friday night and it looks like the car is going to be around $600.00 to fix (which I have about $50.00 to my name). Not worried, things are going to work out. God will take care of us one way or another.

Speaking of God. I have to rant a little. About a month before we headed west I wrote about 6 different churches in the Ogden area. I wrote asking for some help. Not financial help, just some help with a place to stay for a short time till we found a house. I'm sorry to say not only did no one offer any help, but I did not receive a response from any of the churches I wrote to. Now I'm the last person to ever pass judgment, but someone should have taken the time to respond, even a quick note just to say sorry, we aren't able to help you at this time. I won't name any of the churches but I will say they were all so called Christian churches. I'm pretty sure if Christ were here today and I asked him for somekind of help, He at least would have responded to me one way or another. The problem for me with this is what if I had been someone who was in my same position but not a follower of Christ. Do you think this person would want anything to do with Christianity after this... no!

Getting late... I'll write more over the weekend.

Peace to you all.
Tim

No comments: