Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayer request

Hello my dear family and friends,

I'm posting another prayer request from my dear brother in N.Y. His son (My nephew) is facing his last chemo treatment in about a week. But my brothers email is also about 2 young boys in the same cancer ward where they go. Please lift them up in prayer. We serve a MIGHTY God who is able to meet our needs.

Greetings to all;

My wife and I were in the Syracuse Hospital yesterday visiting Bobby Ostman which found out they he will have to stay hospitalized for another month. They want to make sure the infection does not come back to his leg. Bobby has already been in the hospital for the past 2 1/2 weeks and has undergone 2 operations to save his leg. Please pray for the infection to stay out of his leg and pray for strength for him as he will under go 3 more rounds of Chemotherapy in the next few weeks. He will start a round today. Bobby has been really down , but Chris and I had him smiling and joking last night. It was so good to see him smile. The real reason I am writing is because I found out last night that a young man named Jonathan which is 6 years old and has recently had a bone marrow transplant is not doing well at all. We have roomed with Jonathan and his grandmother (Wanita) many times in Syracuse ,and I can tell you by my experience that they have had one of the most difficult situations. As I said Jonathan is 6 years old and has leukemia. He has been in remission 3 times and it has came back worse each time. He under went a bone marrow transplant over a month ago in Rochester . He was doing well until a week ago. Chris spoke to Wanita last night and Jonathan is in a Coma and is in Guarded condition. His grand mother ask us to ask for prayers for him. Please lift him and his grandmother up and for the Lord . I have a had a wonderful verse on my heart lately and it just keeps coming back through different situations. It is Jer. 29:11-12 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. "

I will keep you all posted on these children and there Families and there situations. Our Son Billy had to be rushed to Syracuse this past Saturday as he had a nose bleed that would not clot. We did get it taken care of and he is back home. Please also pray for our Son Billy as he will under go his 14th and final round of Chemotherapy (Praise God) on Friday Feb.1- 6.. He will get Chemotherapy for 5 days and should be home by the 6th. He will need to be back in Syracuse every other day after treatment for at least two weeks. His doctor did say it will take over a year for Billy to bounce back from his treatment, but we are so thankful to the Lord for getting us this far. God has been so good to us. I personally want to thank each one of you for your thoughts and prayers for my Son and my family and all those families in the cancer ward that we try to be a light to. God bless you and thank you.

In Christ
Pastor Bill Lower

wlower@aol.com

Thank you all for taking the time to read this blog. May the good Lord keep you all safe and well.

Your brother,
Tim

No comments: