Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I GOT A JOB !!!


Greetings all,

I want to take a moment and share with you all what God has done for me this day.


As allot of you know, I've been unemployed now for about 4 months. This last month I made an attempt to start a business with a good friend of mine, but nothing ever took off. Everything was coming down to the wire, rent was over due, utilities were coming up, water was due. Things were not going in our favor at all. Despite sending what must have been a hundred resumes out, I wasn't even getting a nibble on a job. I have to be honest with you, I was beginning to wonder if God had forgotten me. Even with all of your prayers, my families prayers and my prayers, I was not getting any kind of an answer. No other time in my life have I felt so alone in the desert. We've all been there, but this time was the longest for me, and the darkest. But, God being the faithful God that He is, has provided me with a job (Thank you oh merciful God). Last night I got a call from a dear friend who knew of our struggles. She was talking with her sister, and her sister informed her of a position that her husband knew of. The job is with a local trucking contractor who has a contract with the US Postal Service taking bulk mail from one location to another. Not that much driving really. The farthest point I drive to is like 40 miles away. You go between locations all day. Pay is almost twice as much as I was making at my previous job (thank you oh merciful God). I called the guy last night after I got off the phone with my friend. The guy was super nice and was really in need of some good help. He warned me that the hours were different from a 9 to 5 gig. I told him I didn't care what they were. So we met today over lunch (he paid... way cool ), and everything went well. We seemed to hit it off great. So he gave me all the papers to fill out. I have to go get finger printed at the Sheriffs office in the morning, that's no big deal. If I get all that into him tomorrow, I will be starting like on Friday...
Thank you Jesus!! Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!Thank you Jesus!!

Dear friends, this has been the most trying time in my life. I know we go through these experiences for a reason, usually for the Potters Hand to remove more of us, to expose more of His Son... Jesus Christ. I just wish it wasn't so painful... LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you this wonderful thing that God has done for me. I want to praise and acknowledge Him for everything He does in my life. Even the painful things, I know He does out of love.


Thank you all for being my friends. I wish I could meet you all and give you a BIG BEAR HUG!! Your friend and brother,
Tim

No comments: