Thursday, August 09, 2007

Update for 08/09/2007


WoW!!! I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted anything here... shame on me.
Let's see... God continues to meet my families needs... that is the biggest and best update any man could hope for. God is so true to His word.
I've found through the trials of my life, that God always comes through. He may not come through in the way you want or expect, but He always comes through. Another thing I have found is God knows what we need more than we know ourselves.
Usually the things we think we need will interfere in one way or another with our relationship with Him... Now-a-days that doesn't take much. We are hit from all sides, all day long. Keeping our thoughts away from Him who loves us the most. Think about it, how much time in the day do you spend with your heavenly Father? 30 minutes! 1 hour, maybe 2. The rest of the day is filled with distractions. We will spend more time in front of the TV than we do with God. We spend more time on our cell phones talking about who knows what than we do with God. Don't get me wrong, I'm preaching to myself here as well.
What I'm getting at here is how close can you get to someone if you only spend 1 hour a day with that person. Sure, over time you'll have some kind of idea who that person is, but you will never truly know them. People! God wants you to truly know him. He wants an intimate relationship with you. Gods greatest desire is that you desire Him. He loves us so much, and He wants to show us this love. But He can't help you do that by spending such a small part of your day with Him. We live in such a faced paced society, and I'm as guilty as the next guy. I'm going to try to spend allot more time in my day with God... how about you. After all, He gave all for me, it's the very least I can do.

God bless you all. Your brother in Christ Jesus.
Minister of the Lord,
Tim

No comments: