Sunday, July 22, 2007

Feeling pretty useless

I'm not sure what's going on. But I still am not able to find a job. I've been looking jobs both in my field and out of it. I know some of the jobs I've applied for I didn't get because I'm over qualified. Even though no one could say it, I'm sure some of the problem is companies don't want to hire someone in their late 40's and have to worry about training them. What's sad is I'm damn good at what I do. I know computers like the back of my hand. I know the hardware side, and the software side 

All I know is the pressure this is causing my family is getting to the unbearable point. My wife is working as much as she can. Our son has given us money to help (God bless him). But when a man is unable to support his family like he should, you really start to question yourself, and life in general. I have been avoiding one option that no one wants me to do including myself, and that's go back to truck driving. Don't get me wrong, that's a great profession with some really great people working in it. I just don't want to be gone on the road all the time. The pay is pretty good, great benefits for sure. I don't know, it's the last thing I want to do, but how long can we survive like this. Worried

So another Sunday is coming to an end.

Thanks for listening. God bless you and yours,

Tim
Red rose

No comments: