Friday, July 13, 2007

Prayer request


Greetings!!My brother sent me an email last night concerning a prayer request for his son who is going through chemo treatment for the next year. I've posted his email so you can read the words from his heart. Thank you, and may God bless you and yours.


Greetings Brothers and Sisters
I would like to ask for prayer for our son Billy as we will be leaving to go for another treatment of Chemo tomorrow morning(7-13-07). This one will be a different treatment than the last one, which was 48 hours of continuous chemo.This treatment we will be for 5 days of treatment ,but will be for 2 or 3 hours a day. Please be in Prayer for Billy as we do not know how this treatment will affect him. His body is cancer free since the Surgery ,but his treatment is to make sure it will not come back. It will be for 1 year. Billy will alternate treatment. Treatment will be 3 days in hospital (48 hours of chemo) then 3 weeks to recover, then 5 days in the hospital (chemo every day) then 3 weeks to recover. This will be his life for the next year. Please pray that the Lord would keep him strong and healthy to endure this year.
Billy's Spirit is great , he has done very well the last 2 weeks after his first treatment. He was sick for 4 or 5 days after he got home, but the last 2 weeks have been real good. All his blood work have been real good. He is eating very good. Billy lost all his hair last Saturday. That bothered him for a few days , but he is learning to deal with it.
I want to let you know that Billy still has the best attitude and his outlook is very positive. I am still shocked that this is my Son as his outlook before he had cancer was not so positive. Also, please pray for all the children in (7H) the cancer ward. One of the hardest things for myself and our family is meeting families and children that are up there. I would like to mention Leon Koster 12 years old and Logan Abbey 4 years that are just a few to pray for. Also Marcus Williams and Domnick Busco . Some of these families are followers of Christ and some are not. Please pray that the Lord would open doors for us to share the Gospel with some of these families. That we would be used in a mighty way for Gods glory and to be a beacon of his light to the lost.
As for Myself, My wife Chris and our Daughter Mariah, Please Pray for strength. This is the busiest time of the year for me and I am having a tough time balancing my heavy work load with my business, and the time I spend on my sermons and doing my duties at West Hill Community Church , and trying to take care of Billy's needs. I am feeling the pressure, but I know the Lord will carry me when I do not have the strength to do it on my own, but it is still very hard.
Please pray for my wife Chris. She will not leave Billy's side as he goes to the Hospital. She stays with him the entire time, and she sleeps beside him at night. The chair that folds out into a bed is not the most comfortable bed. She gets real tired while she is there so please lift her up every day while she is up there. It is hard for a mother to see her child so sick and having to endure a difficult treatment.
As for Billy's Sister Mariah, She is 13 and has done a great job of taking care of her brother. She has devoted herself to helping Billy get well. She not only is at his beckon call, but she is there praying with him. She is a great Sister and this illness has made Billy and Mariah very close. I am concerned Mariah is not getting the attention she needs. Please pray for her as her brothers illness puts a lot of pressure on her. She is unable to do many things that she used to doing, because we have to spend so much time at the Hospital or taking care of her brother. She does not complain at all but I know it must be hard being 13 and not able to do what teenagers do.
Well, I want to thank each one of you for your prayers. It is such a blessing to have Brothers and Sisters praying for us and our Sons needs. Our family 100% believes Billy will be Healed. We know that our road has a bend in it for the next year or so. We also know this has and will continue to draw us closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We will always give Him all the Honor and Glory for what he does for us. Please email any questions or concerns you have and I will gladly respond as soon as I can.
Thank you all. I will keep you posted on his treatment.
God Bless
Pastor Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am at the lowest point in my life right now am in need of prayers. I have noone to turn to, noone to talk to and I am at the point now where I am giving up all hope. This time of year is especialy hard on me because I am a mother of three and I am failing my children. Since July me and my kids have been homeless. We have been staying at motels since then and I just cant take everything that is happening. We had someone stalking me and my children. To the point where I had to take my kids pretty much into hiding. I called police fBI Churches womens groups social services ect but have gotton nowhere. Not only did I have this going on but I had someone close to me steal my purse with all my ids ect. Christmas is coming and I am such a failure to my children. They will have no christmas this year. I was unable to even sign them up for any christmas help due to not having any ids and people honestly not wanting to help. I dont know what to do. I have no family to turn to. I am disabled but still am awaiting to be approved for disability. I need emergency prayers because I am so lost and depressed right now.msbettyboopnva@yahoo.com