Saturday, August 15, 2009

After 1 week

Wow!! Finally found the time to sit down and write a little something here. With the start of the new job and all I’ve been hard pressed to find some free time during the week. The job is awesome! Last week was pretty hard for me though. Most of what we did was set up new and existing computers in the classrooms including computer labs. Don’t ask me why, but they take all of the computers out of the classrooms for the summer. So we ended up moving about 1500 computers and monitors. About half of the monitors are still the old CRT (Tubes) models, 17 inch ones at that. So needless to say I was dragging ass the last part of the week. This next week will be more along the lines of setting up software on the systems, user management, printer setups, and things like that.

I’ve been told that I’ll only be sharing responsibilities between 4 schools and the IT directors there. School starts this Monday so all the kids will be back so I think our roll will be more along the line of support for the teachers. Really don’t matter to me… as long as they keep paying me.

Peace

No comments: