Friday, August 07, 2009

Awesome News

Well after 11 months and 20 days I finally have a full time job again. On Tuesday of this week I went for an interview with the Beaufort South Carolina School District. I was being interviewed for one of 3 IT positions covering all the schools in the district. I had all the position requirements except for one, I didn’t have the A+ certificate they were looking for. For those of you who don’t know what that cert is for, it means that you know how to repair computers and such. Since I had over 6 years experience repairing computers and printers plus 2 more years on the Microsoft Help Desk support Microsoft employees I was hoping that my experience level would equal out having an A+ certificate.

I felt the interview went well, but the guy did keep bringing up the fact that I didn’t have an A+ cert. I figured if it was meant to be it would happen. Happy days!! I got the call this morning that they wanted to offer me one of the 3 open positions. All I have to do is fill out all the paper work. I still have to pass the background and drug test, but I already passed a background check for the USPS so I know that won’t be a problem. I haven’t touched drugs since I was 25, so I think I’m ok there… LOL. They want me to start work this coming Tuesday so I’ll probably take the drug test on Monday.

These last 11 months have been the hardest of my life. I know we all go through the ups and downs of life. But I was really beginning to think the pit I was falling in was never ending.
I’ll keep posting about all of this and more over the next few days.


Peace to you all,
Tim

No comments: