Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I woke up last night at about 2:30am, normally when I wake up like that it’s because I have so much on my mind about bills pilling up, looking for work, ,meeting my families needs. This time I had something else rolling around in my empty head. It hit me, despite everything that is going on in my life, no job, bills pilling up, loosing everything (Stuff), this is the best Christmas I have ever had. I know that sounds crazy. But this day, I am more blessed than the richest men in the world. You see, for the longest time I felt God had abounded my family and because of that my faith in Him was dwindling. But last night when I woke up I was shown the truth, He has never left us, and He now has us in a place of total dependency on Him. My friends, there is no greater place to be! I am so lucky, I’ve been shown the true meaning of life. I’ve been shown what’s left when it’s all stripped away.

Every since I lost my steady job over 15 months ago, my biggest fears were coming to pass, slowly we were loosing everything. My biggest fear of all was becoming homeless, this coming week we will be homeless. But that’s ok, I now know that the living God well take care of us. He will meet our every need along the way. For the first time in my life I now live without fear of what is around the corner. The not knowing if you will. For I now know that know matter what lies ahead for us, God has prepared the way and He will not leave us or forsake us.

It’s funny (not really), but we as a society have it all backwards. We think that God wants us to be happy, and to be happy we need more stuff. First part is right, God does want us to be happy, but His meaning of happiness is so different from ours. I used to think that way, how can anyone be happy without having “stuff”? The truth is, the only way we can fill that void in our hearts and lives is with Him. I have literally surrendered all, not by choice mind you! But because of where the Lord has brought us to, I can honestly say I am the most blessed man on the planet today. I have never been happier! Thank you Lord God!

Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters!

Love,
Tim

No comments: