Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Long time


WOW!!! It's been a long time since I've posted on here. Life just seems to get busier and busier. It’s funny; I remember thinking as a child that as I would get older life would get easier. I could not have been more wrong!

Things have gone from bad to worse for my family and I. I have not had a steady job now in 15 months other than a couple of small contract jobs for a couple of days here and a couple of days there. I did have that one job for 8 weeks a few months back that I thought would turn into a permanent job, but thanks to budget cuts, that never happened. That job ended on Nov 13th 2009.
I did hear from an old friend who offered me a job, a really good job. The problem is the job is in Utah and I’m in Georgia. We have exhausted all of our savings, in fact, we won’t have next months rent (January) and we have not been able to pay our gas and power bill for 3 months now and they are going to shut that off on Monday (Dec 28th). So the job thing couldn’t have come at a better time, but we are struggling to find a way to get out there. If we have to we are going to open up our home one day next week and sell everything in it, keeping only the clothes on our back. I have to say, I never thought I would be one week away from living in my car, especially at 51 years of age. If we can just get through the next few weeks I think we will be ok.
My faith through all of this has been tested like never before. I do not have any sense of God being a part of my life at all, let along supposedly taking care of us. I’ve known the Lord all of my life, and never have I felt this way. Totally abandoned! I guess it really doesn’t matter if you live a good life or not. If you care more about other people than yourself. If you give to those who are less fortunate or not, it doesn’t matter because life is what it is, just life.

As I can, I will post here as to what is going on.

Oh, by the way... Merry Christmas everyone!!
Tim~

No comments: